POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : req:iconview for the next POV-Ray : Re: iconview for the next POV-Ray Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:31:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: iconview for the next POV-Ray
From: Ron Parker
Date: 25 Jan 1999 10:18:50
Message: <36ac8b5a.0@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 23 Jan 1999 23:13:17 -0600, Thorsten Froehlich
	<fro### [at] charliecnsiitedu> wrote:
>In article <36aa943a.0@news.povray.org> , "LABourdillon"
><lab### [at] ixnetcomcom> wrote:
>>Well, I (for one) didn't have any problem with the message you reference.
>>Just what was your difficulty? I'm using IE4, if it matters.
>
>There was no technical problem, just the useless image makes it slow to
>download (and I still have to pay for that...) and then there are lots of
>users using this newsserver who use newsreaders that don't support html...if
>you post in html they will just ignore your message!

I'll second that.  I noticed, though, that your message also uses a
nonstandard MIME type which my newsreader complains about but at
least doesn't choke on:

How does one put utf-8 into a 7-bit encoding, anyway?  Or is this
Microsoft's attempt at cognitive dissonance?  :)